🔒How to secure my GoSMS account?
Securing your GoSMS account is very important, so we've put together an easy-to-follow guide to help you secure your account.
Set up your account so that it is well protected
When registering your account, choose a password that is long and strong enough. Weak and short passwords are very easy to guess.
- A given password should contain 8 to 16 characters. It should also contain one upper and one lower case letter.
- A combination of letters, numbers and special characters is ideal.
- Use different passwords if you are logging into multiple accounts. If you have the same password for all your accounts and someone gets your password, your other accounts will be compromised.
- Don't use discoverable information in your passwords (e.g. your date of birth, your name, etc.).
- If you are emailed your password, copy and save the password in a safe place and delete the email.
Increase the level of security
You can also use two-factor authentication when logging into your account. You must enable this authentication in your account administration. In practice, this means that you have to enter additional codes in addition to your password. These can come via SMS, email or Google Authenticator.
The login process itself takes a second longer, but your account is much more secure. In case someone gets hold of your password, it won't be enough.
How Google Authenticator works
This app automatically generates six-digit codes that allow you to log in to your accounts. These codes change regularly and are linked to your phone.
To get into your account, someone would not only need to know your password but also have physical access to your phone. And this route is very complicated for a would-be attacker.
Where can I get the Google Authenticator app
Google Authenticator is an app available for Android and iOS mobile devices.
What if I delete the Google Authenticator app or lose my phone
The Google Authenticator app is not synced with any device. For this reason, it is guaranteed to be secure, you really need to have your mobile phone physically with you and copy the code to get the code. In case the mobile phone is lost or the app is deleted, the linked accounts cannot be easily reinstalled.
I have to turn on two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication for logging into your account is completely optional and it is up to you to enable it in your GoSMS account. However, for our part, we recommend turning on this two-step verification to avoid misusing your GoSMS account and sending out SMS messages that will cost you unnecessary financial costs.